Clavamox Drops is a broad-spectrum antibiotic (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium) for dogs and cats.
* Pet parent must mix this product with water prior to use.
What is Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
Clavamox medication for cats and dogs combines the broad spectrum antibiotic activity of amoxicillian is effective against many gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, such as those that cause soft tissue and skin infections in cats and dogs, urinary tract and infections and periodontal disease in dogs.
Who is Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml for?
Dogs and Cats
Why use Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
- Treats skin and soft wound infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis/dermatitis.
- Clavamox has been shown to be clinically effective for treating cases of canine periodontal disease.
- Feline broad-spectrum antibiotic in two oral dosage forms, oral solution and tablets.
- Used for the treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Considered a safe treatment against harmful bacteria in your pet.
- Has activity against many gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms for up to 30 days.
How does Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml work?
The main ingredients, Amoxicillin and Clavulanate combine their broad- spectrum antibiotic activity. Amoxcillin blocks the bacteria from creating a cell wall and Clavunlanate causes some bacteria that is normally resistant to Amoxicillin to become weakened and susceptible to that antibiotic.
How is Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml sold?
62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml bottle
What are the side effects of Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
Use is contraindicated in animals with a history of an allergic reaction to any of the penicillins or cephalosporins. Also nausea which is reduced when medicine is given with food
What special precautions are there?
Safety in pregnant or breeding animals has not been determined.
CLAVAMOX contains a semi-synthetic penicillin (amoxicillin) and has the potential for producing allergic reactions. If an allergic reaction occurs, administer epinephrine and/or steroids.
Contact your nearest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
Store in a dry, cool place at temperatures not above 25° C (77° F).
Clavamox has been considered safe for use in pets.
* Pet parent must mix this product with water prior to use. Add 14 mL of water to the 15-mL bottle and shake vigorously. Each mL of suspension will contain 50 mg of amoxicillin activity as the trihydrate and 12.5 mg of clavulanic acid activity as the potassium salt
Amoxicillin Trihydrate....................50 mg
Clavulanic Acid...............................12.5 mg