AKCRx Site Security
AKCRx data Transfer: Safe, Secure and Encrypted
Shop with confidence.
Your personal data is safe and secure
With our highest level of security and encryption, your personal data, order data and credit card information are both safe and secure during transmission (through secure socket layer SSL encryption) as well as storage (through a private non-shared server).
Last modified: 11/24/2023
The American Kennel Club ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- On this Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-888-465-2085.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature;
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information ("personal information");
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information about your pet or pets.
Your information also may be provided to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please review the privacy settings on your device to opt out of these tracking technologies.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To quickly process your transactions and provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send you promotional marketing emails about products or offers that we believe could be of interest to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Conduct audits related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To vendors, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including, but not limited to e-mail and mobile marketing, analytics, web hosting, call center services, payment processing, coupon delivery, and data enhancement.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AKC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: 14540 NW 60th Ave, Miami Lakes, FL 33014.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA Privacy
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Privacy Notice for Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia
This State Privacy Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the applicable laws and implementing regulations in Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia. Date of applicability of the applicable regulations may vary across states. In addition of what is already disclosed in the general section of this Privacy Notice, please find the following additional information relevant for the State Privacy Notice.
Sharing of Personal Information:
We share the following categories of your Personal Information with the categories of third parties
- Contact information and other information about you, your household and your pet (including your name, email address, physical address, shipping address, telephone number) and other demographic information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (including cookies and mobile device IDs, and related browsing information).
- Commercial information (including products and services purchased, products and services you are considering purchasing that are placed in your virtual shopping cart, information about products that you have returned, product orders you have cancelled, and product reviews).
- Location information (including precise geolocation).
- Transactional information such as information you provide to us via customer service calls, emails, SMS and chats. This information is recorded and processed consistent with our Privacy Notice.
- Your pet information such as information you provided to us while filling a pharmacy prescription, pet conditions, insurance information and other such information when you interact with us or our affiliates.
Processing Personal Information for Sale and Targeted Advertising
- We share your personal information with our social media, Data Analytics, Online Advertising Services and Advertising Networks and other such third parties for the purposes of targeted advertising.
- We do not sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may share your personal information with certain third parties as described above, which may be considered a “sale” under some state laws when the personal information is exchanged for non-monetary consideration.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights that are provided to you under applicable state laws. We do not conduct profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant affects for consumers. To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Consumer Privacy Rights. You may have certain rights pursuant to the applicable state laws, as described below.
Verifying Requests. We have various procedures to verify that you are authorized to exercise your rights under the applicable state laws. If you have an account with us, we may ask you to verify your identity by requiring you to sign-in to your account or complete a form requesting certain information. If you do not have an account and request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: first and last name, email address, country, street address, city and zip code. You also can designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf, though we will need to verify the authority of such agent pursuant to our procedures.
Additional Information. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the applicable state laws, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us, though we may not be able to provide some services to you without such information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
14540 NW 60th Avenue
Miami Lakes, FL 33014
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org